How immunizations from your pediatricians in Houston, TX, can help your child stay healthy
Illnesses and diseases like flu, hepatitis, and meningitis can be serious, and even deadly, especially for children. When your child is immunized against these and other medical conditions, your child is protected, giving you peace of mind.
Dr. Heena Thakkar and Dr. Shilpa Pankaj at Peekaboo Pediatrics in Houston, TX, provide a wide range of pediatric medicine services, including immunizations to help your child stay healthy.
Let’s look at why child immunizations are so important:
- Immunizations offer immunity against serious illnesses and diseases like hepatitis, meningitis, flu, and more
- Immunizations help prevent the spread of infectious diseases to others, including your family members, and you
- Immunizations are required for your child to enter daycare and school
Consider these additional reasons why you should have your child immunized:
- Immunizations are safe because they are rigorously tested and approved by both the FDA and CDC before they are released for use
- Immunizations are convenient because they can be administered at your child’s well visit and school or sports physical appointments
- Immunizations are effective because they have a success rate of 90% to 99% according to healthychildren.org
So, which immunizations does your child need? The CDC recommends these immunizations from birth to 18 years old:
- Hepatitis B
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- Haemophilus influenza type B
- Pneumococcal conjugate
- Measles, mumps, rubella
- Hepatitis A
- Human papillomavirus
- Meningococcal conjugate
To view or print the CDC immunization schedule, please click here:
Many serious diseases and illnesses are on the decline, and some have even been exterminated, thanks to immunizations. Your child and your family deserve to be protected by receiving immunizations.
To discover more about the importance of childhood immunizations and how they help your child stay healthy, call Dr. Thakkar or Dr. Pankaj at Peekaboo Pediatrics in Houston, TX. you can reach them in the office by calling (713) 861-4800, so call today.